A wise man once said:
"The proof of the existence of God is watching a woman ascend stairs"
I always open the door to the apartment complex for more reasons than gentlemanly.
I tingle down the spine while completely hypnotized!
All I know is...
When she calls me baby I'm alive.
She says it won't work out.
She says she's crazy
On too much medication
So?
That's 85% of this damn town.
We live on this floating insane asylum on a sponge.
We live here because it's the only place we can function.
All I know is...
When she calls me baby I'm alive.
She says we'll never make love.
We fuck till dawn
Sideways
upside down
passionately
Incredibly.
drunkenly.
Till I'm out of breath.
All I know is...
When she calls me baby I'm alive.
I want to go down in flames with her
But I'm not allowed!
I want to burn my soul into her
But I'm not allowed!
I want all her secrets spilled into a tin cup
But I'm not allowed!
I want to break down her walls
But I'm not allowed!
Storm her gates and liberate her from her demons
But I'm not allowed!
All I know is...
When she calls me baby I'm alive.
I told her I was sticking around even if the clothes don't come off
She cowers in fear when I scream at the world
Yet she's the strongest woman I've ran my fingers across
"my job is to help others yet I can't take care of myself"
So I stand by her in the depths of her madness
She was hurt last time
So was I
Maybe it's the fear of the pain that draws us together
A weaker man, would throw his hands up and walk away
She's meek as a mouse with the apatite of a lion
A sane man would leave
I am not weak and I lost my sanity years ago
All I know is...
When she calls me baby I'm alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment